Inspire Someone, I pass this on my drive home every day
It’s been a while, a long while since I’ve been here. Not sure why, not sure exactly what brought me here today, but one thing is on my mind. I am inspired.
For weeks, months to be quite honest, every now and then a friend would say, “Hey, what’s up with the blog?” Or, “Hey, you haven’t written in a while.” To that I always answered, “I haven’t really been inspired lately.” The blog was slowly arching into an art and culture blog, moving away from sustainable living and social consciousness, and moving more toward aesthetic things, travel, materialism. I decided to devote blogging time back to my kids, but we all know you must put your own oxygen mask on first in order to help others.
And then the race for the presidency began. I became consumed by “new” wars waged on women, on anyone struggling to hang on in these hard economic times, on anyone with skin a shade darker than my unlabeled, genetically modified soy milk, on loving same-sex couples and their struggle for equality. Something felt wrong. It felt wrong to be focused on art and museums and film in these uncertain times, at least it did for the moment.
Here’s a few things I’ve been thinking about…
- There is a war on women. Get educated and do not get lazy. There are men out there who continue to not get it. Find your local Planned Parenthood, show some support. It has got to stop.
- There is a racist, fascist Sheriff in Arizona who should be in jail…when will it end?
- NO ONE needs to own an AK-47. No one. Ever.
- If you want to shrink government, Mr. Romney, then you must shrink government consistently. Don’t govern who I can marry, what pills I can or can’t take, or what I can or can’t do with my own body.
- The economic crisis we are in is not the fault of unionized government workers. Get real.
- July was the hottest month in recorded history, AKA ever. The hottest month ever. I can accept that I’ve contributed to that in one way or another.
- I wonder why in every (many?) NY Times Bestseller a woman is either crazy or meets her demise chopped up into little pieces?
In my efforts to produce a self-declared “non-mommy-blog-blog” I’ve kind of neglected the fact that, well, I am a mom, and there are a few good things here worth writing about (when I can peel my 16 month old off of me…he’s kind of batty)
I write constantly in my head and lack the discipline sometimes to sit down an just do it. I’m constantly searching for balance in all areas…but life doesn’t easily work that way. It ebbs and flows, which isn’t a bad thing
Art might be just the thing the world needs right now…or Love Sweet Love? Either way, there’s a lot more to come…It feels good to be back.
xx – C